Do you worry about what your family is eating, how it got to your plate; or how the animals were raised and treated?
Our beef are pasture raised with access to plenty grass and hay, along with grain supplement for healthy growth and excellent marbling. Steers are not confined to a small pen, and are free to roam in large pastures where they can eat all of the grass and hay they desire. At no time are they put into lots and only fed grain to boost their weight. Steers, at the time of butcher, will weigh approximately 1000 lbs. Our animals are never fed growth hormones or synthetic feeds. They are treated with antibiotics only when necessary and not as a routine part of their diet, as is common in large feedlot operations.
I have never purchased beef from the farm, is it difficult?
You can purchase a whole, half, or quarter of beef. You will receive hamburger, round or cubed steaks, porterhouse steaks, rib eye steaks, sirloin steaks, short ribs, soup bones, and a variety of roasts (arm, sirloin tip, rump, chuck, top/bottom round) . Your beef will be custom processed to your wishes. The meat will be frozen in vacuum sealed packages and clearly labeled. All meat is processed at a MoAg inspected facility.
How and When Can I Order?
- We butcher throughout the year. If you wish to be notified when we have beef available , please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When we have available beef, we will post to our Facebook page, Instagram, e-mail, and post to this website.
- Click Here to place your order and to specify how you would like your steer processed.
- Once it is close to the butcher date, we will contact you through email or phone to verify cut instructions (if there is a question) and to let you know an approximate date of pick up.
- Once the beef has been processed, we will contact you to make arrangements to pick up and pay for your beef at our farm store.
- We accept debit, credit, and cash.
What are the benefits of buying beef “off the farm”?
- There are no additives, preservatives, or any extra “junk” put into your meat. You know what you are eating and what the cow ate.
- The overall price is much cheaper than you can get at your local grocery store and the meat is a much higher quality.
- The animals are treated humanely and are well cared for, with plenty of space and quality grass, hay and feed.
- No more wondering what you and your family are putting into your body.
If I buy “off the hoof” what cuts do I get and how much of each?
Typically, most families will choose to buy a half or quarter of a beef. If you order the entire half, you will have more options with how you would the meat cut. For example, if you would like more ground beef and less roasts, you can do that with a half of beef. If you order a quarter, you will be splitting a half with someone else and your beef will be processed with retail cuts.
How much freezer space do I need?
A quarter beef needs about 4 cubic feet, A half beef needs about 8 cubic feet, and yo
u should plan for at least 16-17 cubic feet of freezer space for a whole beef.
Can I pay with a credit card?
We accept cash, check, debit and credit cards.